|What are you doing here?|
|The page you're about to read contains major spoilers, so please get off this page before you get caught by the residents of the Maw.|
|This is the article for the main location of Little Nightmares II|
|You could be looking for the level of the same name.|
The Pale City is the main location in Little Nightmares II.
The Pale City is a dismal, gloomy coastal city consisting of countless looming buildings that bend and sag down like dying plants, the only exception being the Signal Tower at its center. At first glance it seems the entire city has been deserted for a long time: garbage litters the streets, doors and windows are boarded up or broken, many buildings and apartments appear abandoned and suffering long-unchecked damage from leaks and rot, and clotheslines are left to be drenched in the pouring rain. Many streets and the entire city blocks are separated by giant fissures in the ground impassible by Mono or Six. Electricity seems to still exist, though many places seem to be without power due to downed telephone poles or damaged wiring. Different parts of the Pale City are seen to have suffered various levels of decay and damage. Suitcases and luggage are scattered throughout the city as well as in trains.
The most noticeable oddity in the Pale City are the number of television sets: televisions are found almost everywhere; in apartments, lying on beaches, scattered about the streets, piled in stacks and in dumpters and so on. Found more so than television sets are discarded clothes, found draped over chairs, on floors, hanging out of windows, or even drifting down from up above. Many are laid out in full sets of clothing in poses that suggest that whoever was wearing them vanished somehow, leaving their clothes behind.
- It's speculated that the Pale City was once inhabited by a number of children as there appears to be a school for kids to attend, a play room in the Hospital, a toy store, and various toys scattered throughout the city. However, based on what appears to be a missing child's poster, it's suspected that many children had gone missing, but it remains unknown as to what could have happened to these kids if there were any.
- In Episode 6 of Little Nightmares Comics, Mono and the Black children are seen within an apartment complex boarded up from the inside, leaving the suspicion that some inhabitants of the Pale City had attempted to take refuge within their own homes as the Pale City fell to ruin.
- Unlike previous locations the players explored in their respective games, players are able to explore multiple separate environments in this location.
- Electrical cords of questionable lengths can be seen extending from various televisions, some are long enough to dangle televisions through multiple storeys of a building, while others are short enough to dangle a televison from the endges of clotheslines, balconies and buildings. The large majority of televisions scattered around the Wilderness and the Pale City are not seen plugged into any electrical power sources, yet still remain with power to function, leaving the suspiscion that the televisions are able to remain with power unnaturally and by some other means.
- Various electrical cords can be seen extending from peculiar locations to the nearest source of power: A television on the beach has a cord extending to a nearby utility poll, the electrical cord in the toy store dangles from the ceiling, extending to power the television on the opposite side of the store, and the electrical cord in a Viewer's bathroom can be seen extending from underneath the toilet to the nearest electrical outlet on the bathroom wall.
- Various televisions can be seen with their electrical cords extending from abnormal places at peculiar lengths such as in the vast empty wilderness fields, the streets of the Pale City, a Viewer's bath tub, hanging from the edges of buildings, the edges of balconies, clotheslines and through multiple broken floors without ever being seen plugged into an electrical outlet, leaving suspicion the televisions within the city can appear anywhere and everywhere. How they remain in power and how they appear in obscure places remains unknown.
- Various doors around the city can be seen boared up from the outside with Viewers still trapped behind them, it is currently unknown who could have done this.