Very Little Nightmares is a puzzle-adventure game created for iOS and Android that was released on May 30th, 2019, by Alike Studio and Bandai Namco.
Be smart, resourceful and ready for anything while exploring every nook and cranny of the place, for even the smallest error can lead to a fatal misstep.
The Girl in the Yellow Raincoat sees a dream in which she runs away from someone and locks herself in a shed, propping the door with a board. Waking up, the girl notices that the balloon on which she flew pierced the roof of a mansion called the Nest, bursting and stuck among the wreckage. She then pulls the lever above her, causing the remains of the balloon to crash to the floor. After that, she continues on foot.
On the way, she comes face to face with a girl in white running through the pipes to the ventilation opening. Having run through the cell warehouse, she rescues a child in a red scarf, thus encountering the Craftsman, an old disabled man with long arms and legs. Running away from this monster, she manages to hide in one of the boxes for dolls, sent by elevator to the buildings of the Butler, who has the gift of telekinesis. The heroine manages to get away from him, hiding in the halls of the Pretender - the little spoiled mistress managing the Nest.
Finally, the girl reaches the main entrance to the Nest, where the Butler immediately saw and started chasing her. She runs out into the garden and for some time objects above and beside her are launched at her by the telekinetic Butler. A girl in white helps her to escape from him, along with whom she opens the gate and runs across the trench, where her new partner falls behind and the heroine locks herself in the barn, still thinking that the Butler is chasing her.
After passing through a dump of dolls, the girl accidentally attracts the attention of the Pretender, who was sitting on the edge of the cliff with a broken doll. Aggressively reacting to the heroine, she chased after her, while not thinking about her own safety. Despite the danger, the girl in the raincoat saves the surviving "partner" in white from falling onto sharp rocks, for which she, in gratitude, throws a boulder at Pretender. For a few seconds the girls looked at her, while she was unharmed, abruptly stood up and attacked the heroine. Unfortunately, both of them did not maintain their balance and fell into the ocean, having crashed and drowned to death.
The scene after the credits shows how the girl in white (who was actually Six) runs to the raft on which she floats away.
Players take on the role of the Girl in the Yellow Raincoat, and must navigate down every floor of the Nest, solving puzzles and evading enemies and other dangers along the way. Unlike Little Nightmares, which was a 3D puzzle platform, Very Little Nightmares plays on a grid, with each room being its own level, and players must tap to make the Girl in the Yellow Raincoat move along the tiles or interact with objects.
- The Girl in the Yellow Raincoat - The main protagonist of the game. Outwardly similar to Six because of the yellow raincoat. Got into the Nest when her balloon broke its roof.
- Six - Throughout the story, she tries to escape from the Nest, repeatedly encountering the Girl in the Yellow Raincoat.
- Nomes - Small humanoid creatures that could also be found in the Maw from Little Nightmares.
- The Craftsman - An old man with long limbs; constantly sitting in a wheelchair.
- Dump Monster - An unknown creature that appears only in a landfill.
- The Butler - Personal servant of the Pretender. He has the gift of telekinesis.
- The Pretender - The main antagonist in the game. A little spoiled girl, who prefers to communicate with her toys.
- The kid in a red scarf - A kid whom the Girl in the Yellow Raincoat freed from the cage. Later, their clothes are used by the Craftsman to dress a new doll for the Pretender.
- Captured children - Children who are kidnapped from the mainland to the Nest. Most of them have been turned into dolls.
Very Little Nightmares currently has a score of 4.4 stars out of 5 on the App Store.