The Wax Bellman was a cut character from Little Nightmares. His occupation was to carry packages for the Guests, as well as acting as a watch-guard of sorts, peeping through two-way mirror in several parts of the Maw.
The Wax Bellman's facial skin droops down to his neck area. His skin color appears to be beige. He has holes where his eyes should be. He wears a red button up bellhop jacket topped of with a red bellhop cap. In most depictions, he is seen with a noose made of standard rope tied around his neck.
While this character never makes a physical appearance, his portrait can still be found on the walls of the Maw, having a rope tied around his neck while he dangles at his station. This can be found near the Lady's elevator.
In Secrets of the Maw, a close-up portrait of the Wax Bellman can be seen among a wall of paintings in the Residence.
- At the 2016 Gamescom event, the Wax Bellman could be seen observing through a two-way mirror. A similar mirror is found in a washroom of the Guest Hall, in which Six can shatter and reveal a hidden room, which contains a wooden chair. This room may have been used by the Wax Bellman to keep watch on the Guests.
- The Wax Bellman, in every portrait depiction, is being hung by a noose. While the cause of this is unknown, it should be noted that he is depicted in an unseen check-in area. This may imply that his corpse still exists somewhere on the Maw.
- It is possible that the Wax Bellman was murdered for his voyeurism, or committed suicide out of guilt.
- It is also possible that the Wax Bellman is hung to greet the Guests. Instead of committing suicide, he would slowly rise up to the front desk thanks to the pulley system and the noose around his neck and escort the Guests to their quarters.
- The Wax Bellman, along with the Twin Chefs, made an appearance via costumes at the Gamescom 2016 event. This may imply that this character would have played a significant role in the game's storyline.
- While we were never given official gameplay of the Wax Bellman, we were given some implication to what it may have been like at the Gamescom 2016 event. During the event, he was seen spying on Six through a two-way mirror like a window and then knock on it. He would only be visible through this two way mirror if he turned on a light.
- Initially, there was going to be a mask resembling the Wax Bellman's face in Little Nightmares II. However, it is scrapped from the game.
- the Wax Bellman is the only character so far to ever get scrapped twice in the franchise.
- An official source that states the name hasn't been found yet, or the citation was invalid.